- Team Administrator, Facilities and Business Services
- Climate Change Specialist
- Senior Integration Engineer, Information Managment Division
- Development Programme Coordinator, Port Moresby
- Senior Risk Adviser
The Services Group is responsible for providing a range of functions and services to enable business groups to achieve their outcomes. These functions include Facilities and Business Services, Finance, Property, Procurement, Security and Information Management. Each of these divisions provides a client focused, coordinated service to Wellington and posts.
The Services Group is recruiting for two Team Administrators. These roles are part of Facilities and Business Services and report to the Senior Group Administrator.
Daily tasks will include: travel coordination, invoice processing, purchasing, visa applications, meeting minutes and scheduling, recruitment support, on-boarding and much more.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate/prove the following:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in administration
• Well-developed planning and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships and working within a team
• Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
• Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgement
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, including adaptability and openness to change
• Ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative solutions
Please note you must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
Notes: To apply for this position, please submit a covering letter and CV to Byrne@chandlermacleod.co.nz detailing your relevant skills and experience.
If you have any questions on the role, please contact Selena Natoli, Senior Group Administrator on either: Direct Dial (04) 439 8828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12pm midday (NZT) on Thursday 29 June 2017.
- Position Description [PDF, 237 KB]
Exciting opportunity to be part of a great team leading New Zealand’s involvement in international climate change negotiations.
We are seeking a motivated individual with relevant policy and negotiation experience to provide policy insight, advice and leadership on Climate Change issues and opportunities. This role involves overseas travel.
This role will, in conjunction with the Unit Manager and in collaboration with other senior Climate Change staff, provide policy leadership and direction to the Ministry’s work on long-term climate change strategies for New Zealand, especially in relation to agriculture; lead the Ministry’s contribution to policy development and implementation for international aviation/tourism and shipping; support the development of strategies and policies to secure access to international carbon markets; and, support New Zealand’s leadership and participation in relevant international coalitions (such as the Global Research Alliance)
We are seeking a candidate with: policy analytical skills (ideally in a relevant area); demonstrated success in international negotiations; sound understanding of economics; strong relationship, communication and influencing skills; and, strong project management, planning and organising skills.
You must be a New Zealand citizen and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
To apply for this position please complete an application form and submit with your CV and covering letter by 12 noon, 3 July 2017.
- Position Description [PDF, 322 KB]
Applications are invited for the open tenure role of Senior Integration Engineer, supporting Application systems within the Information Management Division (IMD) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
IMD is responsible for the provision of cost effective and reliable global technological systems, solutions and support, and the management and oversight of records and archives, with programmes to enable staff to better access and share information and knowledge across the Ministry’s global network.
This role sits within the IMD Applications team. The purpose of this role is primarily to provide technical ownership and subject matter expertise of the Ministry’s BizTalk environments and applications. BizTalk enables the Ministry to integrate and manage automated business processes between disparate applications within and across organisational boundaries. This provides seamless end user business solution integration. Particular focus will be on understanding and managing the relationships between the line of business applications and their integration via BizTalk. Experience with SQL and Active Directory as well as Financial systems is desirable.
The role delivers day-to-day user administration support for the Ministry’s BizTalk applications. The Senior Integration Engineer will be a subject matter expert in BizTalk administration, and will provide technical advice to other IMD staff. This role provides all aspects of business administration, systems planning, strategic planning, application performance, capacity management support, client support, advice and management.
To be successful in this role you will ideally hold a recognised industry standard qualification/certification and you will have at least 8 years’ experience in supporting IT systems in an enterprise wide environment. It is essential that you have extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects Microsoft BizTalk Server and associated tools. Your experience and interest in SQL will be of great benefit.
Additional to the technical skills, you will exhibit excellent communication skills, experience in technical documentation, excellent analytical and problem-solving capability and have a pragmatic collaborative approach with a focus on delivery. You will be expected to lead and mentor other engineers with lesser experience and you will also be able to quickly establish effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation.
You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
To apply for this position please complete an application form and submit with your CV and covering letter by 5pm Friday 7 July 2017.
- Position Description [PDF, 210 KB]
The New Zealand High Commission in Papua New Guinea is seeking a Development Programme Coordinator to work in our Port Moresby office. The successful candidate will be part of a team that oversees the implementation of New Zealand’s development assistance programme in Papua New Guinea. The position is full time and open tenure. Some travel within Papua New Guinea will be required as part of the role.
• Manage development projects, ensuring compliance and consistency with New Zealand High Commission quality standards.
• Oversee project budgets, cash flows, and financial approvals to ensure funds are being used appropriately and effectively.
• Prepare annual reports on the development programme for the New Zealand and Papua New Guinea governments, and other stakeholders.
• Represent the New Zealand High Commission on disaster management, health, water and sanitation, gender and climate change working groups and coordination mechanisms.
• Manage relationships with government agencies, contractors, private sector organisations, development partners, civil society and other stakeholders.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in managing community level projects in PNG.
• Proven ability to engage with Government of PNG and international staff at senior levels.
• Strong understanding of project monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Tok Pisin.
Interested applicants should send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com before Wednesday 12 July 2017 at 4pm. Only Shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- Position Description [PDF, 239 KB]
• Key role with organization-wide influence
• Risk management that adds value
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT) is the lead agency for New Zealand's engagement with the world. Its work is varied, and the organisation is dynamic and engaging, reflecting the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Central to ensuring MFAT delivers its work programmes effectively is the Audit & Risk Division. Reporting to the Head of Audit & Risk, and as a member of this high-performing division you will lead and advise managers on long-term risk management, and influence the organisational design of the Ministry's risk system. You will be agile in your thinking and confident advising in areas of complexity and ambiguity.
Beyond a depth of experience in risk advice at a senior level, you will be an independent thinker who can leverage good practice with strong communication and relationship skills. You will be working with numerous stakeholders, and your capacity to engage with them credibly will be essential. Ideally, you will be CA qualified, and have an awareness of internal auditing standards and wider risk management advancements within the public sector in New Zealand and overseas.
You are required to be a New Zealand citizen and be able to obtain a New Zealand national security clearance to apply.
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Nicola Beale or Kieran Crickmar on +64 4 550 8000 at JacksonStone
You must be a New Zealand citizen and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government Security clearance.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Senior Risk Adviser APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 9 July 2017 APPLY: http://www.jacksonstone.co.nz/jobs/44574/ (external link)