- Team Administrator (Finance) NZ Consulate-General Los Angeles
We are seeking applicants for the role of Unit Manager of the International and Resources Law Unit.
The role plays a critical role in:
• Providing strategic direction and leadership of key areas of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s international law responsibilities.;
• Managing a team of staff to ensure the achievement of the strategic priorities and high level outcomes in the Ministry’s Strategic Framework, as well as a substantial body of core business;
• Ensuring that the Unit’s advice is constructive and legally sound and supports the Ministry’s and Government’s priorities;
• Working closely with other Divisions and Departments in the negotiation and implementation of new international instruments, in particular in the areas of disarmament, security, fisheries and environment.
The criteria being sought in an ideal candidate include:
• Leadership and staff management capabilities, including demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a high performing team;
• Strong legal analytical skills, including experience in providing legal advice at a senior level;
• Previous experience in international negotiations at senior levels;
• Ability to think strategically, contribute to group decision-making and lead the development of complex and high profile policy advice;
• The ability to proactively establish and build effective relationships at a senior level across a wide range of stakeholder groups and interests.
To apply for this positin please complete an application form and submit with your CV and covering letter by 5pm Thursday 23 March 2017.
You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance.
• Central Wellington
• Treasury focus
• Credit card management
• Fixed asset register maintenance
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. This is a key role in the financial services team, working with an established group within the wider finance function.
We are keen to appoint an experienced assistant accountant who is seeking a role with a treasury focus. You will be responsible for cash, bank account and credit card management as well as maintaining the fixed asset register. You will have the ability to establish great relationships with banking providers and the banking team.
Previous experience of team oversight is required along with a willingness to coach and develop staff.
To apply for this position please complete an application form and submit with your CV and covering letter by 9am Friday 24 March 2017.
• Build manager capability
• Enhance health and safety
• Offshore focus
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (MFAT) is seeking a Senior Adviser, Health & Safety to join the Human Resource team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Health & Safety Adviser to provide technical leadership and ensure effective health and safety planning, risk management and support systems are in place particularly in the delivery of the New Zealand Aid Programme and associated activity in the Pacific and globally.
You will be responsible for supporting managers in their execution of health and safety responsibilities in New Zealand Aid Programme activities offshore including the preparation of hazard and risk registers, carrying out due diligence, negotiating the allocation of health and safety responsibilities in contracts and grants and initial quality assurance. You will provide advice and support to managers and other key internal stakeholders, including in the management of incidents.
You will lead continuous improvement initiatives in collaboration with managers and provide regular reporting to senior leaders. You will organise health and safety training and ensure this is delivered, coordinate the engagement of specialist advice.
To be successful, you will have specialist experience in health and safety, knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and codes and a good understanding of approaches needed to successfully enhance health and safety in the workplace. A relevant tertiary qualification will be required.
If you are looking for an interesting, challenging and rewarding position that is going to provide opportunities for professional growth and development within a well-regarded organisation, then this could be the role for you.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form and submit with a covering letter and CV
detailing your relevant skills and experience.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 24 March 2017.
You must meet be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government Security clearance.
- Position Description [PDF, 172 KB]
• Are you passionate about sustainable development in Kiribati?
• Do you have excellent management skills and can meet deadlines?
• Are you highly motivated and able to take on a leadership role?
The New Zealand High Commission Tarawa is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual for the position of Senior Development Programme Coordinator, to assist with the management of New Zealand’s development programme in Kiribati.
This role is responsible for leading and contributing to partner relations and, policy engagement as well as managing a portfolio of development activities. Ideally you will have a breadth and depth of experience in development policy analysis, relationship building, activity design and management, and results monitoring.
The preferred candidate will need to possess excellent written and oral communication skills, have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines, as well as the ability to manage information and develop informed, evidence-based solutions. You will have a sound knowledge of the development challenges and opportunities facing Kiribati, and have a tertiary qualification in a field relevant to the role.
Position descriptions and application forms are available from the New Zealand High Commission, Bairiki Tarawa, phone 21400; or by emailing NZHCTarawa@mfat.govt.nz
Applications close at 12.00 noon Monday 3 April 2017. To apply, please send your application form, covering letter and CV by email to NZHCTarawa@mfat.govt.nz or deliver to the NZHC reception. For questions about the role please contact Tauaasa Taafaki firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This is a locally employed position and the successful candidate will need to hold residency in Kiribati.
- Position Description [PDF, 242 KB]