Evaluations shows strong Pacific relationships
With about 60% of New Zealand’s aid going to the Pacific, it is important we evaluate our work in the region.
Independent evaluations of New Zealand’s development cooperation with the Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tokelau were completed by Adam Smith International (ASI) in 2015. ASI assessed our contribution to sustainable development for each country along with the relationships and quality of aid delivery.
The evaluations found that we have strong and enduring relationships with each country. Overall, we deliver high quality aid.
We are moving away from smaller fragmented projects in these countries. The projects we now fund, including budget support to partner governments, are effective and sustainable.
ASI recommended we consider strengthening our expertise to ensure that we provide consistent and targeted advice to these countries.
Information from these evaluations is being used to inform high level strategies.
- Our approach to aid
- Read the Synthesis report [PDF, 615 KB]
- Read the Cook Islands Programme evaluation [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- Read the Niue Programme evaluation [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Read the Samoa Programme evaluation [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Read the Tokelau Programme evaluation [PDF, 1.7 MB]