NZ Inc India strategy
India is an emerging superpower and its population of 1.25 billion people presents enormous opportunities for New Zealand.
The NZ Inc India Strategy maps the possibilities for the relationship on a 10-15 year horizon.
It sets the following five-year goals:
- Grow merchanise exports to at least $2 billion by 2015.
- Grow services trade with India by an average of 20% per year.
- Improve the bilateral investment framework and facilitate growth in the investment relationship.
- Attract and retain skilled migrants from India who are able to make an effective contribution to New Zealand’s economic base.
- Engage more deeply with India on regional and global issues that will impact on New Zealand’s future prosperity and security.
- Raise the profile of New Zealand’s value proposition in India through a series of conscious steps, from enhanced cricket diplomacy to increased political contact with India.
The NZ Inc India Strategy plays an important role in the Government’s Business Growth Agenda, which aims to grow our exports from 30% to 40% of GDP by 2025.
- Download the NZ Inc booklet - Opening Doors to India [PDF, 2.1 MB].