Dream NEW scholarships available for students in Poland
Filter map by:
- NZ Inc Strategies
Our relationship with Lithuania
New Zealand has a friendly relationship with Lithuania. There is a small Lithuanian community centred in Auckland.
As small states, our two countries share similar interests, and work well together at the multilateral level. We have a common approach across a range of international issues, and we cooperate closely in the United Nations Security Council where both New Zealand and Lithuania are non-permanent members in 2015. New Zealand also values Lithuania’s role as a member of the European Union and NATO.
Building on these political ties, New Zealand and Lithuania have recently established a Working Holiday Scheme, which allows 100 young people annually to holiday, work and study in each other’s countries for up to a year. This agreement strengthens the people-to-people ties between our two countries.
Total trade in goods
Exports to Lithuania
Top exports: Wool and frozen fish
Imports from Lithuania
|Top imports: Fertilizers, inorganic chemicals, clothing and apparel|
New Zealanders aged between 18 and 30 can apply for a 12-month working holiday for Lithuania.
To apply you will need to present in person either at:
- The Lithuanian Embassy in Tokyo, Japan (external link), which is accredited to New Zealand; or
- The Migration offices in Vilnius, Kaunas or Klaipėda or Migration Department, if you are already in Lithuania legally.
For further information contact email@example.com
- New Zealand is represented in Lithuania by the New Zealand Embassy in Berlin
- Lithuania is represented in New Zealand by the Lithuanian Embassy in Tokyo
Lithuania to New Zealand
- March 2015: Foreign Minister, Linas Linkevičius.
News & Events
The General Election will be held on 23 September 2017. Voters who are overseas can vote from 6 September to 23 September.
Open letter on occasion of 2017 Warsaw Equality Parade.
Fabian Brunner from Frankfurt am Main will study at Victoria University of Wellington.