The General Election will be held on 23 September 2017. Voters who are overseas can vote from 6 September to 23 September.
Filter map by:
- NZ Inc Strategies
Our relationship with Estonia
Estonia and New Zealand enjoy a good working bilateral relationship. We are both small states with similar outlooks. New Zealand and Estonia have a shared interest in digital government, and are both members of the Digital 5 initiative to share learning about e-government.
Estonia is also a strong partner for New Zealand within the European Union, and we share a commitment to multilateralism. New Zealand holds regular officials meetings with Estonia, and work together in multilateral fora, including the UN.
A Working Holiday Scheme was established between New Zealand and Estonia in 2007, and this has served to further expand the people-to-people links between our two countries.
Total trade in goods
Exports to Estonia
Top exports: Wool and wood products
Imports from Estonia
|Top imports: Electrical parts and machinery|
New Zealanders aged between 18 and 30 can apply for a 12-month working holiday visa for Estonia.
To apply, you can go to an Estonian embassy or consulate.
For more information, go to the Republic of Estonia Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (external link).
- New Zealand is represented in Estonia by the New Zealand Embassy in Berlin
- Estonia is represented in New Zealand by an Ambassador in Estonia
- There is an Estonian Honorary Consul in New Zealand
New Zealand visits to Estonia
- Hon Todd McClay, Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, July 2015
- Hon Amy Adams, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, April 2014 (Freedom Online Coalition Conference)
- Hon Murray McCully, Minister of Foreign Affairs, November 2010
Estonian visits to New Zealand
- HE Jaack Aaviksoo, Minister of Education, March 2014
- HE Urmas Paet, Minister of Foreign Affairs, April 2009
News & Events
Fabian Brunner from Frankfurt am Main will study at Victoria University of Wellington.
German students can apply for fully-funded Master's study in New Zealand. Apply now.
Hon Bill English, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Finance visited Germany on 2 and 4 May.